RESEARCH FIELDNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciences
CAREER STAGEEstablished Researcher (R3) (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)
One (1) Postdoctoral/Research Assignment “Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH Fellowships”
within the project
ARCHERS: Advancing Young Researchers’ Human Capital in Cutting Edge Technologies in the Preservation of Cultural Heritage and the Tackling of Societal Challenges
Exclusively funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
The Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences (ICE-HT) of the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit applicants for one (1) postdoctoral/research assignment. The project aims at reducing or even reversing the brain drain by providing high quality research opportunities to young scientists of Greek origin.
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH fellows are expected to perform high quality research within one of the research areas, in which FORTH/ICE-HT excels both on the national and the international level (www.iceht.forth.gr). More specifically, the domains of interest in the present project are the preservation of cultural heritage and the science and innovation in the areas of environment, clean energy and health.
Physicochemical characterization of energy conversion materials and interfaces with surface sensitive techniques
- PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
- Good knowledge of Greek and English language
Criteria for Selection
- PhD in Surface Science or related topics
- Ability to perform independent research (at least 5 years’ experience as post-doctoral researcher in project research area is highly recommended)
- Publications in international peer-reviewed journals
- Capabilities on Ultra High Vacuum systems operation.
- Experience in materials characterization with surface sensitive techniques (mainly XPS/UPS)
Location: ICE/HT-FORTH, Patras, GREECE
Expected start date: 01/08/2020
Duration of appointment: 5 months, with the potential of renewal
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than 5 June, 2020, 23:59 local time (Greece) to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Filled-out Application Form (attached)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
- Copies of academic titles/transcripts
- At least one reference letter (optionally, the reference letter could be enclosed in an envelope that must reach Ms. Kleanthi Zacharopoulou at the address: ICE-HT-FORTH, Stadiou Street, Platani, Patras 26504 by the closing date for applications; the closed envelope will be handed to the evaluation committee)
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Ms. Kleanthi Zacharopoulou (email@example.com, Tel. +30 2610 965 278).
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.